It's Always Sunny In Philadephia is one of my all time favorite shows and this recipe is inspired by the great Charlie Kelly whose favorite dish is Milk Steak and knows grilling a steak on the radiator is the only way to get the best flavor.
So the next time you're in the mood to combine the two best food groups; meat & dairy, fire up the radiator for some delicious Milk Steak a la Charlie Kelly...
Be sure not to make this recipe while wearing a Halloween costume, if you get milk all over you there will be no one to switch costumes with.
1 rib eye steak
2 cups of whole milk
5 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon of raw honey
himalyan sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
very hot radiator (or a grill if your radiator isn't hot enough)
1. In the pan combine all the ingredients except the steak and one sprig of rosemary
2. Set on low heat and wait for the milk to simmer. In the meantime, use a fork to poke holes in the steak and rub in some HSS.
3. Once the milk is simmering add the steak and raise to a medium flame. Boil the steak for two minutes on side, flip steak and boil for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove the steak from the pan, lower the heat (do not turn off) and grill it on the radiator (or a George Foreman grill in my case) for two minutes on each side. Adjust the time to suite your personal taste or the temperature of your radiator.
5. Once your steak is done to your liking, plate and spoon the remainder of the milk sauce in the pan onto the top of the steak. Garnish with the other sprig of rosemary & eat it!
* In case your wondering how tastes... It... is... amazing! It's very tender and the milk gravy is really good. I let my husband taste it and he liked it so much I had to make another one.*
That's all for now
Thanks for tuning in.
Until next time...
Keep Adding Bliss & remember, Reason Will Prevail!